Fri, Feb 8, 2019
More Choice for our Seniors - Why Baby Boomers Love Plan G
FirstCommunity is all about choices for seniors and we think you’ll like this latest addition.
Besides Plans A, B and C, FirstCommunity is adding Plan G to their Plan options. It is the second most popular Medicare Supplement with Baby Boomers, and here’s why.
Just what is Medicare Supplement Plan G and what does Plan G cover?
Medicare Plan G
Plan G Medicare Supplement covers all the gaps in Medicare except for the Part B deductible. It also includes foreign travel emergency coverage. Medicare Plan G coverage is very similar to Plan F. It offers great value for beneficiaries who are willing to pay a small annual deductible. It pays for your hospital deductible, copays and coinsurance and also covers the 20% that Part B doesn’t cover.
Plan G Medicare Supplement covers all the gaps in Medicare except for the Part B deductible.
What Medical Services Does Plan G Cover?
Medicare Supplement Plan G covers any medical benefit that Original Medicare covers.
So, it helps to pay for inpatient hospital costs, such as blood transfusions, skilled nursing, and hospice care. It also covers outpatient medical services such as doctor visits, lab work, diabetes supplies, durable medical equipment, xrays, ambulance, surgeries and much more.
Medicare pays first, then Plan G pays all the rest after you pay the once-annual deductible.
In addition, Plan G Medicare supplements offer up to $50,000 in foreign travel emergency benefits.
Medigap Plan G: A Small Deductible = Big Savings
Medicare Plan G, also called Medigap Plan G, is an increasingly popular supplement for several reasons:
- 1. Plan G covers each of the gaps in Medicare except for the annual Part B deductible. This deductible is only $185 per year.
- 2. It has great coverage. For hospital stays, it covers all your Medicare eligible hospital expenses.
- 3. Most importantly, it pays the $1364 deductible that you would normally owe for any hospital stay in 2019.
- FirstCommunity is able to offer lower premiums for all their plans because they use a network of the leading hospitals in North Alabama including Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children, Madison Hospital, Athens-Limestone Hospital, Decatur Morgan Hospital - Decatur Campus, Decatur Morgan Hospital - Parkway Campus, North Alabama Medical Center, Helen Keller Hospital, Red Bay Hospital, Russellville Hospital, Shoals Hospital, Highlands Medical Center, Marshall Medical Center North and Marshall Medical Center South. FirstCommunity is a not-for-profit company based right here in North Alabama whose goal is to help seniors in their service area have the best health care available at rates they can afford. Plan G gives our customers more choice when it comes to Medicare Supplemental coverage.
- 4. For outpatient care, Medigap G covers all but the first $185 in expenses, which is the Part B deductible. You will pay that the first time you have outpatient care for that year. After that, Supplement G covers all the remaining eligible expenses. Medicare will pay 80% of your outpatient costs and your supplement will pay the other 20%.
If Medicare Supplement G is considerably cheaper than Plan F or Plan C in your area, then it may make sense to purchase it. You will pay the Part B deductible once per calendar year, but the annual savings in premiums can offset that by several hundred dollars.
To talk to someone about which Plan is right for you, call FirstCommunity Medicare Supplement at 256-532-2785. Their friendly staff is happy to sit down with you, answer all your questions and help you find the best plan for you – no pressure, no obligation. Call today or stop by their convenient office at 699-A Gallatin Street in Huntsville, Alabama.
Back To The Blog Page